I lost my phone on the way to Rome a few years ago. My friend and I were traveling from Paris to Rome and when I got to the airport, my phone was nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, we were relying on my international plan for navigating and planning. My friend could use her phone … More Travel Tidbit: Italian Phrases to Survive in Italy
· What to wear in Washington, D.C. · Despite all the articles starting with, “While fashion is not the first thing to come to mind when you think of Washington, D.C.,” the capital city actually boasts some distinct style icons. Jackie Kennedy’s skirt suits and pillbox hats, Michelle Obama’s J. Crew sweater sets, Claire Underwood’s … More Capital City Style
· What to do in Washington, D.C. · These days, the mention of Washington, D.C. can be polarizing. In our increasingly polarized political landscape, D.C. has come to represent corruption, inaction, or inappropriate action. However, underneath the strife is one of America’s great cities, a popular destination for Americans and foreigners alike. The Capital is … More City of Cards: Washington, D.C.
As the recession hit, Italy’s government found that they couldn’t afford to pay for restoration and upkeep of some of their most prized monuments. It was a conundrum because these sights also bring in lucrative tourists. In an unprecedented move, the fashion industry stepped up. The list of designers hailing from Italy is endless, and … More Fashion Moment: Sartorial Charity
· London Style Staples · If there’s one thing London’s got, it’s style. Let me rephrase that: it’s styles, plural. With such a long and diverse cultural history, it’s no wonder that you see people wearing pretty much anything walking the streets of London. Despite this, there are certain items that scream “London.” Items that … More Classic London Style
· Family fashions that bear memories · A few years ago, I was visiting my Great Grandma Delores. It was the January after the second summer I’d lived with my grandparents, seeing her almost every day. I was a junior at Boston University and was visiting the three of them before heading back to Boston … More Family Fashions: Great Grandma Delores’ Ring
· Forging a connection at Force of Nature at the Museum at FIT · Just blocks away from the Highline in the middle of Chelsea, the Museum at FIT hosts a small, but – unusual in New York – free set of galleries wait for lovers of fashion. Curated by Valerie Steele – a well-known and highly … More Nature, Science, and Fashion
· Discovering the benefits of traveling alone · While one of the best things about traveling is sharing your experiences with others, traveling alone can also be very rewarding. There’s no stress over whether or not everyone will get what they want out of the trip and you have no one to consider but yourself. … More The (Not-So) Lonely Traveler